If you too are tired of searching the best diet plan for you or searching a low budget but effective diet plan without investing on costly supplements. Then you have come to the right place. Here we will discuss about ”Best Diet Plan for Muscle Gain at Low Budget (2020).” Following this diet plan you can build and put on muscles without much hassle. In addition, some bonuses that you may find here are:
- Macronutrients and Micronutrients.
- How to calculate your calorie requirement according to your body weight?
- BMI or Body Mass Index calculator.
- Food list along with its costing.
- Diet chart in PDF format.
First of all we need to understand a little bit about nutrition and the wants of our body. Alike any engine, our body too needs enough fuel to run. Each one of our bodies have different requirements and we need to treat them accordingly to put on or lose mass and weight.
There are three kinds of body type:
- Ectomorph– This type of person has a lean body and faces difficulty to put on weight or to build muscle, they have a very high metabolic rate.
- Mesomorph– This category has a big skeletal structure and a god gifted fit physique. They are considered as the best amongst other two types and are very much versatile when it comes to put on or put off weight and are responsive to muscle building.
- Endomorph– The endomorphs are very much inclined toward getting mass and maintaining it without much problem, in comparison to other two types, endomorphs have more muscular structure and have high body fat and tendency to store body fat.
One needs to differentiate himself/herself first according to their body shape and weight to decide any diet plan, and we are here to help you get there. Read on!
Best Diet Plan for Muscle Gain at Low Budget (2020).
What is Nutrition?
Nutrition may be simply defined as a process by which we utilise our nutrients, or simply we can say as the procedure to utilize our food for growth and development.
We can differentiate nutrients in two basic types:
- Macronutrients– Elements of food required by the body in a large amount to grow and function (Carbohydrates, Protiens and fats).
- Micronutrients– Smaller measured values of nutrition (Vitamins and Minerals).
Macronutrients can be classified into various subclasses:
- Carbohydrates: These are the energy providing elements found in different types of foods that provide 4 cal/g. For example, if we consume 10 grams of Carbs in a day, we will get 40 calories out of it.
- Fats: These are the energy storage or backup source of body found in oily or meat based foods products that provide 9cal/g. For example, if we consume 10 grams of Fats in a day, we will get 90 calories out of it.
- Protiens: These are the main source for lean muscle gain, formed by various amino acids from various foods that provide 4cal/g. Likewise for example, if we consume 10 grams of Protien in a day, we will get 40 calories out of it.
Micronutrients can also be further classified as:
- Calcium: It is an essential element for maintaining the rigid and healthy structure of the bones and teeth. (Food source- Dairy and soya products)
- Iron: It is an essential element need for the proper blood functioning of our body for storage and usage of oxygen. (Food source- Leafy vegetables like spinach, dry fruits)
- Vitamins: These are organic elements needed for proper metabolic functioning of our body and are sub-categories as Vitamin A, B, C, D, E and K. (Food source- Citrus fruits like Amla, etc)
- Minerals: Alike Vitamins, minerals perform vital roles in our body like nerve impulse transmission and maintenance of hormone level. (Food source- Almost every fruit, vegetables and cereals)
What is BMI or Body Mass Index?
BMI is derived from the values of weight and height of am individual. It can be simply defined as the body mass or body weight divided by the square of the body height and universally expressed in units of kg/m2.
You can easily calculate your BMI with this equation or you can simply click here.
How to Calculate Your Calorie Requirement According to Your Body Weight?
Every individual has a different calorie requirement according to their body type and body weight. It is recommended that an average person requires 44 kcal/kg of body weight to gain muscle.
For instance: Person A has a body weight of 65kgs. He needs to intake 44×65= 2860 kcal/day to put on muscle.
Rule of thumb to calculate macronutrients requirement as per Person A’s body demand:
- 2g of Protein per body weight. (i.e. 2×65= 130g/day)
- 0.8g of Fat per body weight. (i.e. 0.8×65= 52g/day)
- We have defined the Carbs intake calculation below.
As mentioned above, protein contributes 4cal/g, fats contributes 9cal/g and carbs contributes 4cal/g.
Protein= 130×4= 520 cal
Fats= 52×9=468 cal
So, by a simple calculation we can determine that;
So, the macronutrient requirement of Person A is
[Carbs= 468g/day, Fats= 52g/day and Protien= 130g/day]
List of low budget Food items along with their cost:
- Egg. (Rs. 6/pc.)
- Low fat Milk (Rs. 12 per 100ml)
- Banana. (Rs. 5/pc.)
- Oats. (Rs. 8 per 100g)
- Almonds (Rs. 90 per 100g)
- Homemade peanut butter (Rs. 15 per 100g)
- Rice (Rs. 30 per kg)
- Roti (Rs. 3 per pc.)
- Lentils (Rs. 8 per 100g)
- Paneer (Rs. 25 per 100g)
- Soyabean (Rs. 10 per 100g)
- Chicken (Rs. 150 per kg)
Muscle Gain Diet Plan:
*Please note that, the prices may vary from region to region, this table is just for a brief idea and demonstration purpose taken on average.
You can make your own diet chart likewise according to your body demand, after calculation of your BMI and calorie requirement.
You can also download this chart for your reference and your own calculation. To download the table click here.
Building a good physique is no more a dream now. You just need to know the right key for the right lock. With the help of the tools and charts you can calculate your body demands and act accordingly without taking any expensive supplements that are widely available in the market as we have come up here with the Best diet plan for muscle gain at low budget (2020) at home without supplement. Though you can hit the gym or you can do your workout at home too, but regular exercise along with proper diet is a must for body and muscle building.
Please let us know by commenting below, if this was helpful for you, do share with your friends and family.